Welcome to the Greensboro Running Club!
What is the Greensboro Running Club (GRC)?
The Greensboro Running Club is a non-profit organization that was started in 1976 by three dedicated runners.
Why join the GRC?
Everyone has their own reasons for joining, but our goal is to promote running and fitness in the Triad area through a variety of running and fitness related activities.
What does the GRC do for the community?
Each year, the GRC gives back to the community in a number of ways.
- Annual Earth Day Cleanup along the Greenway
- Annual monetary donation to the Cone Health Mammography Scholarship Fund.
- Annual monetary donation to the Zero Prostate Fund
- Toy donation to Toys for Tots
- Supporting area restaurants and brew pubs during our 8 week running series
What does the GRC do for the running community?
We have had a big impact over the past year in the running community.
- In 2016 we held one 8 week run series. In 2017 we expanded that to two, 8 week series. In 2018, we have 4 of these 8 week run series planned. These runs meet at different locations all over Greensboro, High Point and Oak Ridge which gives runners more running options. Check out our calendar for dates and locations.
- We also offer our annual and very popular "Running of the Lights" series which runs for 4 weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas in beautiful Sunset Hills.
- 2018 will mark the 13th year for our Women's Running School. A 10 week training program that is usually attended by 150-200 women as they train for the Women's Only 5K Race in October.
- Our relatively new Men's Running School is being expanded to 8 weeks this year and is a training program for men running the Zero Prostate 5K race in November. ,
- A monetary donation to RunnerDudes water fund is yet another way we support the running community.
What social events does the club offer?
In the past, the club has offered many social activities, including ice skating, bowling, hiking, boating and our annual Christmas Party. Thru surveys, we have found that our club members prefer more running events, so that is our focus going forward.
- So far this year, we offered free registration for any member that wished to join a team for the St. Valentine Massacre Marathon in February. We hope to continue to offer more of these team runs to our members.
- We are planning a Cinco de Mayo 5K and 1 mile "Fun Run" on May 5th...of course!
What other benefits do members receive?
10% Discount on Junction 311 races
10% Discount at Omega Sports, Greensboro
Discount on Shea’s Chase 5K
Discounts on other area races
Member pricing on GRC social events
Membership meetings and annual fashion show
Unlimited volunteer opportunities
Opportunity to serve on any of our committees
Opportunity to serve on the board
Coaching opportunities with our Women’s and Men’s Running Schools
Camaraderie and support from other runners
And most important….lots of organized running opportunities
Plus, you never know when we might throw in a few other “over the top” perks.